Sunday, March 30, 2008

Waydowntown!

What can I write now? Inspiration does not come easily sometimes. Blog are like writing in the void when nobody answer them. Ok whatever... I went to see a movie this week to the Nickle Art Museum on the campus. First I didn't know that there was a projection every Thursday night at 6:30. And pretty good movie too (For people who are tired of most of Hollywood crap). The movie presented was Waydowntown, a film by Calgary filmmaker Gary Burns film in 2000 in downtown Calgary with digital camera and then transfered on 35mm film. A dark comedy very refreshing and original compared to comedy I'm used to watch. The plot is a bet between 4 friends working in professional offices (freshly out from university). They bet one month salary on the one who will last the longer without going outside at all for a whole month without going nut. The way the building are connected by glass walkways allows people to do that if they want. I wouldn't personally do that but it's very funny to watch and the actors are all credible.

5 comments:

Nahid said...

Dear Martin,

Interaction in Blog, like other communications in the world has two sides. If you'd like to have people's comments on your writing, you'd better to leave your comments for them.

Honestly, at first I left you comments, but I didn't get your points of view on my blog. But, be sure, I have always read your blog :)

Good Luck :)

Scott Douglas said...

I've seen that movie! It's hilarious. They try and use all of the plus 15's to go around downtown. Sometimes I feel like I never go outside in winter - house to car to school to grocery store to mall to house . . . . .

Oksana said...

Hi Martin,
I always wanted to say thank you for all comments that you left on my blog. They made me think about many things: what is more important and what is less...
Thanks a lot!!!!!!!!!! :)

Osman said...

Hey Martin,

I totally agree with you man inspirations do not come easily... godisshh it takes me ages to write a blog!!!!!!!!

Peace,

dana said...

Even though I have never been there, I heard it quite nice.